Friday, August 18, 2006

Thoughts about the day I was born...

I have been considering a lot of things from the last few days. All things quite essential to me.

First : I started this blog for one person. I had changed my earlier blog to a personal blog which he did not have access to and if there was anyone who has a right to know about whats happening in my life its him. I am talking about my brother. And now he is too busy to read my blog. So should I continue with this blog?? When I asked the man in concern yesterday he cried out, "No, You have a lot more people than me reading you blog now." Yes, but I did start this blog for his sake. If my initial purpose is not valid anymore... I can't understand what to do about this now.

Second : I am sick and tired of people calling me birthday girl and asking me what i want tomorrow. My claim that my mom has declared a wrong date to the world as my birthday is also not valid. I kept trying to convince everyone that my actual birthday is on Feb 9th But no one listens. I don't think it is of any use to act coy or rude and not talk about the day I was born 21 years ago now.

Third : I wonder why a birthday is so important to people. Whenever I think of this, I also immediately think that I never fail to wish anyone i care for on their birthdays. Then why am I wondering so much why these people call me. But again I'm stuck in this rut.. why this day?? whats so special about a day when someone was born. The day the infant is born is a special day yes, but why is the day celebrated year after year.
Till last year, I had a lot of expectations from those around me on my birthday. You know the normal, cakes, gifts, celebration, party. But I never did any of these any year of my life. Which has kind of put things in perspective for me. It is not that important for a birthday. I understand people want to wish me coz for them its special, maybe coz I have been born and that is important to them. So maybe I'm just being too cold when I dismiss their regard. I don't really dismiss it but...
This reminds me of another post I read on a very familiar blog by now- My Thoughts.
I totally agree with this post. My only joy on my birthday is that I am one more year older. You know when we were kids, we would wistfully want to be grown-ups. And our parents or the grown-ups around us would say, wait till you are big, then you will wish to be a child. This sentence told to me repeatedly by my teachers in school and my parents always come back to me. Coz I have not regretted growing up one bit. Never. I have always been glad of being one more year old. Of being more mature than I was before. I detest immaturity and am glad of my growing maturity.

Don't get me wrong. This does not mean that I am a deprived soul, or that I am suffering or any such thing. I am just another girl, fighting not to project an image of extremely stupid girlishness or femininity. And loving the process of growing up. Peter Pan I DEFINITELY am not.

6 comments:

Aniruddha said...

Happy Birthday !!

Whats with Feb 9th ??? Didnt understand that .. found it pretty funny actually .. how can your mom declare the wrong date and that too off by 6 months!!

Also, I understand your sentiments but stil it does not justify you posting the post twice ;) ..

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

loll... stupid MTNL broadband yaar.. i dint even know it got posted twice..
abt feb 9th... uhh.. lets say its a carelessly hand-picked date!! but well I was born yesterday... tht date was just to throw ppl off..

and hey.. i wanted to mail u and tell you that i was linking your post to mine.. n i hoped you would nt mind.. but it slipped off my mind. Hope you dint mind??:)

Thnks.

Aniruddha said...

come on .. of course not ! why would I mind that .. not at all ..

creative genius said...

I would never want you to stop this blog...
Sorry for being too busy sis .. but if there is anybody who can understand its you ..

About the process of growing.. yes i do agree its the most wonderful and learning process... and i am very glad that you take it that..

About the birthday being important.. i feel its more like a day when u can retrospect things or more like a milestone.. how as a whole a year when by and things you got to learn and understand

The only thing, again i think as to why ppl say growing big is not as good bcoz they get so busy with life, daily chores, and other responsibilities around them. On seeing a young one the innocence and fearless attitude they begin to yearn for it.

Just the way to see or feel it. Yes i definitely do see by sis growing big.

creative genius said...

I would never want you to stop this blog...
Sorry for being too busy sis .. but if there is anybody who can understand its you ..

About the process of growing.. yes i do agree its the most wonderful and learning process... and i am very glad that you take it that..

About the birthday being important.. i feel its more like a day when u can retrospect things or more like a milestone.. how as a whole a year when by and things you got to learn and understand

The only thing, again i think as to why ppl say growing big is not as good bcoz they get so busy with life, daily chores, and other responsibilities around them. On seeing a young one the innocence and fearless attitude they begin to yearn for it.

Just the way to see or feel it. Yes i definitely do see by sis growing big.

Anonymous said...

true, theres nothing too gr8 abt a b'day, but some ppl sulk and pout when sm ppl dont wish...
as far as im concerned, its just another excuse to do crazy things. but then u never needed an excuse did u?? maybe u should MAKE it spl by lets say, flying out of the window, or riding a donkey, or shave someones half head odd, or maybe your own????