Wednesday, April 14, 2010

When pants hang low, pull

What do you do when you see a guy with his trousers hitched so low on his non-existent hips, that one tug would have them on the floor? You tug. That's what you do. Or you do what I did. Tug mentally, smile impishly. And find the trousers on the floor. :)

Last weekend found me with two friends walking down this scenic beach-front road in Mumbai. One just-turned-20 guy was at a corner shop buying what guys buy from corner shops normally. And his pants were riding low, way low on his skinny body. Low enough to display a thick line of muddy blue underwear on brown skin. Yes, that low.

Low enough to make me want to pull it down just so I could tell him,
" There. Mission accomplished." 
 And while I looked at him straight in the face and contemplated the mental tug, the pants slid off his hips. Slid. Right. Off. His. Hips.

The boy caught them mid-slide, almost near his knees and looked accusingly at me. I was a safe 50 yards away from him. My friend and I were laughing quite unabashedly at him and he then had the good sense to look sheepish.

We continued walking, not letting the laughter break our stride, but I couldn't resist a 'pallat moment'. I looked back, and his pants were again riding dangerously low.

Sigh. This generation I tell you!!!

11 comments:

Lavi said...

Ha ha!! I always wondered about that! :P

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

so did I.. till I saw it myself :) heh..

FamousInPortugal said...

I honestly have no idea how they keep those pants up!! Although I myself have never done a mental tug, you've put the tempting idea in my head...

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

KarolinaKat101 said...

haha nice blog! :-)

Hannah-Belly said...

I love the low rise pants blog you put up. I personally can't stand see guys with low rise jeans especially when the guys are bear cheasted so you see more than you'd want too.

Hybrid said...

Hey. You have a great blog. Thanks for sharing.

Check out my blog @ http://hybridnow.blogspot.com/ or follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/thinkhybrid

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Anonymity said...

You telekinetic?

SoYesterday. said...

hahahha! your blog is so fabulous!
you write about what everyyyone is thinking :)


nicoleechelberger.blogspot.com

anu said...

Lol...Wanting to tug? ;) Really funny...n true. Though i havent tried mentally tugging yet. Like the way u write..Nice :)