Wednesday, April 14, 2010

When pants hang low, pull

What do you do when you see a guy with his trousers hitched so low on his non-existent hips, that one tug would have them on the floor? You tug. That's what you do. Or you do what I did. Tug mentally, smile impishly. And find the trousers on the floor. :)

Last weekend found me with two friends walking down this scenic beach-front road in Mumbai. One just-turned-20 guy was at a corner shop buying what guys buy from corner shops normally. And his pants were riding low, way low on his skinny body. Low enough to display a thick line of muddy blue underwear on brown skin. Yes, that low.

Low enough to make me want to pull it down just so I could tell him,
" There. Mission accomplished." 
 And while I looked at him straight in the face and contemplated the mental tug, the pants slid off his hips. Slid. Right. Off. His. Hips.

The boy caught them mid-slide, almost near his knees and looked accusingly at me. I was a safe 50 yards away from him. My friend and I were laughing quite unabashedly at him and he then had the good sense to look sheepish.

We continued walking, not letting the laughter break our stride, but I couldn't resist a 'pallat moment'. I looked back, and his pants were again riding dangerously low.

Sigh. This generation I tell you!!!

8 comments:

Lavi said...

Ha ha!! I always wondered about that! :P

~The Dream Catcher~ said...

so did I.. till I saw it myself :) heh..

FamousInPortugal said...

I honestly have no idea how they keep those pants up!! Although I myself have never done a mental tug, you've put the tempting idea in my head...

KarolinaKat101 said...

haha nice blog! :-)

Belly said...

I love the low rise pants blog you put up. I personally can't stand see guys with low rise jeans especially when the guys are bear cheasted so you see more than you'd want too.

Anonymity said...

You telekinetic?

Nicole said...

hahahha! your blog is so fabulous!
you write about what everyyyone is thinking :)


nicoleechelberger.blogspot.com

An said...

Lol...Wanting to tug? ;) Really funny...n true. Though i havent tried mentally tugging yet. Like the way u write..Nice :)